Tuition Refund Policy

Credit and Non-Credit Courses

All refunds require that the student complete an official withdrawal form.  Students who officially withdraw from the college or an individual course by the end of the fourteenth (14th) calendar day of the semester will receive a 100% refund of tuition, less nonrefundable fees.  Students in classes that meet in a format shorter than the traditional semester (15-16 weeks) will have seven (7) calendar days from the designated start of the class to withdraw for a full refund.  If the seventh (7th) or fourteenth (14th) calendar day falls on a weekend or holiday, the drop refund date will be the first business day following the weekend or holiday.  Students in courses that meet for two weeks or less must drop by the end of the first day of the class in order to get a 100% refund.  All Students registered for non-credit workshops, tests, professional training, or seminars must withdraw in writing at least three business days prior to the first session. Payments by cash or check will receive a full refund of tuition and fees. Exception: non-credit workshops, tests, professional training, or seminars registered online with a credit/debit card incur a non-refundable 7.0% transaction fee and a non-refundable $1.99 administration fee. Refunds take approximately four to six weeks to be processed.  If the college cancels a class, tuition and Academic Instruction fees will be refunded. 

The College President or designee may grant a tuition refund or tuition credit under extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis, such as military activation, administrative error or documented long term illness.  In order to receive a tuition adjustment, supporting information such as physician’s note, hospital confirmation, military assignment, etc., must be provided.  Students wishing to be considered for an exception must fill out an application, submit all supporting documentation, and complete the add/drop form.  The complete procedures for students to request a tuition and fee adjustment can be obtained in the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs and the One Stop Office. 

Return of Title IV Funds: Mandated by Law

Students who withdraw from school before the 60% point in a semester will have to repay a portion or all of their Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG grant, Federal Perkins Loan funds, and Federal Direct loans to the United States Department of Education.  The exact amount required to be returned will vary depending on the amount of grant and loan money the student received and at what point in time the student withdraws from the College. 

In addition, the student will be liable for the balance owed the College for tuition and fees.  The student will receive a revised statement of account for the expenses incurred which will include the reduction and or loss of Federal Title IV funds. 

Students who choose to withdraw from the College must complete a College Withdrawal Form.  This form must be signed by the student and various campus offices and then be returned to the Registrar’s office.